The Bridge Christian Community is currently seeking a part-time Worship Leader to be on staff. This is a paid position and the responsibilities include leading worship on Sundays, planning music sets, coordinating team schedule, and nurturing a culture of worship within the congregation. The Worship Leader will work closely with the leadership team and Pastor to develop worship services that support and enhance the teaching themes. The mission of Bridge Christian Community is to nurture a culture of bridge building between God, His family, and those here, near, and far. Join us on mission by applying today!
- Work with Pastor to coordinate the elements of Sunday morning worship.
- Help lead Sunday morning worship services; work with Pastor or guest teacher to identify creative ways to enhance the message.
- Direct rehearsals and activities with the worship teams on a regular basis.
- Work with the tech team to manage technical aspects of worship including sound, livestream, and projector.
- Discern songs, hymns, and worship sets to inspire the congregation’s worship of God. Help plan special services and events including but not limited to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter.
- Blend contemporary and traditional styles of worship music to accommodate a wide-range of worship styles; use both old and new songs with a full range of instruments as available.
- Follower of Jesus.
- Experience in leading worship and other musicians, or a willingness to learn
- Sense a calling to serve in this kind of ministry role and ability to clearly articulate that calling to others.
- Proficient in playing guitar and/or keyboard with the ability to lead while playing.
- Ability to train and disciple other musicians.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, visual media and video projection. Able to learn and grow in these skill areas.
- Respect for all styles and genres of worship music; ability to blend new and old styles.
- Commitment to ongoing personal, spiritual and professional growth.
- Must have a teachable heart.
- The Worship Leader will be accountable to the Leadership Team and Pastor.
- Paid position, 10-12 hours per week
- This time will be split between preparation, worship practice, weekend worship services (currently Sunday 8am-12pm) and occasional meetings with the lead pastor.
- This position will provide four weekends of worship services off per year.
- Starting salary to be based on qualifications and experience.
Please send resumes to Tony Harvey at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org