Position Type: Part Time, 10-12 hours/week
Reports to: Pastor and/or Leadership Team
Supervisory Responsibility: Ministry Volunteers
Location: 395 West Ninth Street, Dubuque, Iowa 52001
Resume Submitted to: Bekah Delaney at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Worship Leader we seek is a gifted musician to connect people to Jesus through worship.
Our Sunday service is casual, and our worship music style is contemporary.
We are looking for a Worship Leader who is gifted in:
- guitar and/or keyboard, with the ability to sing as lead vocalist while playing
● training and discipling other volunteer musicians
● song selection and planning
This position’s exact responsibilities will be based on the candidate’s gifts and talents. We want to be a place where these gifts and talents can be utilized to the fullest, while utilizing our leadership team to wrap around to fulfill all the areas of duty. Ideally, we’ll work together to create a job description that will set the candidate up for success.
We were planted by Christian Evangelistic Mission (CEM) in 2001 and have been on mission to build strong and faithful families. We aim to encourage growth for the whole family, with particular attention to creating a place where men are taught to lead spiritually. We know that if
we can lead men to Jesus, we have the strongest chance to effect generational change.
Our church gathers people from varied backgrounds in a predominantly Catholic city. Our historic downtown building is a non-traditional church setting, with an existing pub/dining hall now serving as our coffee bar and gathering area. Our current weekend attendance averages 130 people between 2 services.
The Bridge is a place to grow. We seek to create environments and relationships that allow this to happen – Life Groups, weekend worship, serving teams, classes, events, etc.
We have a shared leadership approach; elders, preachers, staff, and servant leaders work together to lead the church. People who commit to the Bridge are called Partners, and they participate in our mission and serve in ministry.
In 2023, we redefined our identity:
Vision: Real Jesus. Real Hope
Mission: Love God, Love People, Build Bridges
Values: Unwavering Truth, Unlikely Community, Uncomfortable Growth, Uncommon
Generosity, Unstoppable Faith
We are currently working on Elder Development and a 3-year strategic plan with E2 Elders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Sunday morning worship
- Work with Worship Ministry Team to coordinate the elements of Sunday morning worship
- Work with Pastor or guest teacher to identify ways to enhance the message
- Direct rehearsals and activities with the volunteer worship team
- Work with the Tech Team to manage technical aspects of worship including sound, livestream, and projector
- Select songs, hymns, and worship sets
- Help plan special services and events including but not limited to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter
- Blend contemporary and traditional styles of worship music to accommodate a wide-range of worship styles; use both old and new songs with a full range of instruments, as available
- Follower of Jesus
- Serve with joy
- Continually be learning new ways of doing ministry
- Commitment to ongoing personal, spiritual and professional growth
- Become a church partner in agreement with our Vision, Mission, Values and the By-Laws of Bridge Christian Church
- Active participant in the church community
- Experience in leading worship and other musicians, or a willingness to learn
- Sense a calling to serve in this kind of ministry role and ability to clearly articulate that calling to others
- Proficient in playing guitar and/or keyboard with the ability to lead while playing
- Strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiastic presence, and relational approach in leading worship
- Experience in using technology; sound, lighting, computers, visual media and video projection
This position will provide four weekends of worship services off per year.
Starting salary to be based on qualifications and experience.